New Fish!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
They look great man. Especially that carpintis.

I usuaally do a 4 day treatment of parasite gaurd feed hexsheild for a few days and if all is well, the poop looks normal and they are eating i feel comfortable. I only do lev if they dont eat at all.

I have an extra bottle of prazi pro laying around pm me if you want it

DBLN8

Dovii
MFK Member
Love the Carpintis! really miss my pair.
With new fish I always feed Epsom soaked pellets or NLS Hexshield just to clear them out and watch them for any other signs of illness before treating, if there's no symptoms what are you treating? some folks treat their new fish regardless of them showing anything wrong. Who's to say what's right or wrong.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I wouldn't expect fish coming from most reputable vendors would arrive with internal worms, which is what Prazi's main function is - a deworming agent. Ditto to Levamisole. Nice group of fish, Mike! Your midas looks like it will mostly be white, not yellow. Good luck with them.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
RD --

so right now, this new midas is 4-5 inches. not thick yet--definitely still a juvenile. So has he "peeled" already, will he peel later, or does that vary from fish to fish?

When do the colors change? Could it still get orange splotches later?

I can deal with white, too. I'm getting to where I just like em all.

I kinda want to raise a batch of fry now to see what colors come out.

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
I am probably going to always be biased towards Midas. But that Carpintis is the star attraction.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
That's the second "rio hondo" I've gotten from CoA. They were both like that--electric blues, good body shape. Kinda hyper fish, too.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Mike, it can vary from fish to fish so impossible to say with 100% certainty how they will finish as they mature.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store