New pups to the crew

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Small update. The male seems to be in breeding mode. Not sure if one female is pregnant now or he’s given up he’s stopped harrasing her. She’s started healing up now the pic was a week ago. 54E0C994-743A-46B7-8D50-AA70C9B55706.jpeg
And a reference for size one other female is slightly larger then one pictured
8BFB2F7D-F2F8-4FD1-B8E1-5469CEF67F10.jpeg

Peckoltia

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
Hopefully you get rewarded soon with some pups, for all the effort you've put in over the years.

Reactions: Rhyno8

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Well yesterday was a rough day. Lost my male during a water change still unsure of cause no ph swing parameters checked out no death curl just instant death, hours later lost a big female down to two girls who look fine now. Final measurements on male were 14” at 2 years and female 21” at 4 years. D14085B2-DB85-469C-B9B8-9A9C157889CE.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Caveden

DThompson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2018
Blaine, MN
Where do you live? I've heard of people having water issues in the spring causing their fish/rays to die. Mostly due to the cities changing their water treatment process when the seasons change from winter to spring/summer. But I've also heard people having issues with farm land runoff leeching fertilizers and pesticides into their tap water/well water.

When you do water changes, do you put straight tap water into your tank or do you pre-treat it or run it through any filters prior to going into the tank?

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Where do you live? I've heard of people having water issues in the spring causing their fish/rays to die. Mostly due to the cities changing their water treatment process when the seasons change from winter to spring/summer. But I've also heard people having issues with farm land runoff leeching fertilizers and pesticides into their tap water/well water.

When you do water changes, do you put straight tap water into your tank or do you pre-treat it or run it through any filters prior to going into the tank?
I’m from semi rural Australia we collect all our water supply from the roof into water tanks. Essentially pure rain water. The last 4 years I’ve ran water straight into the tank. I’ve ran a million scenarios through my mind contamination from spraying on a nearby farm being one of them now. Last two rays are off food and dropping slime coat going to source water from somewhere else for a water change and hope it’s not too late very bitter way to end the ray journey.

• Sad
Reactions: DThompson
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store