New Stingray Home (600g)

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Added the SDs about a week ago to help cycle and went out to the river and collected some decent driftwood yesterday. Hopefully it sinks fairly soon or I will screw some thick slate to them so they will.....

Toohard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2014
Where ever
Tank looks good. Funny how the blackberries bodies blend with the sand and all you can see is there black blotch. I like it.
Thats a lot of wood in there. Looks like it will take up a bit of floor space. Thats they only thing im not a fan of.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
The sds look good.
I agree with Toohard Toohard that looks like allot of driftwood.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Not as much as it looks. Two biggest are 30" x 15" and other is 36"x12". They will be able to swim under both of them. (-: Have a couple smaller in there that will stack higher or put in 340.
It forces them to swim up and over also scraping/rasping on the driftwood. It will just be my 2 Hens, BD and Leo. The marbles will stay in the 340. And honestly I am tired of the empty tank look and want a more natural look. Plus it will allow escape for other fish from my armatus and any potential pups in future to hide.

Its bare bottom also.

Last edited:

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Kind of like it with the driftwood up as opposed to below. Kind of intersting. Cool to see setup with everything in place.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Kind of like it with the driftwood up as opposed to below. Kind of intersting. Cool to see setup with everything in place.
I do too, but it will eventually sink unless I can find a way to tie it up.

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Very neat job Don, this is a very informative thread, a DB special..lol!
Love the tank and occupants, I too am a great lover of disc Characins, look great in a ray tank.
Very well done to you!

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
That tank looks amazing.
Awesome tank. Love the white bottom
Very neat job Don, this is a very informative thread, a DB special..lol!
Love the tank and occupants, I too am a great lover of disc Characins, look great in a ray tank.
Very well done to you!
Tank bottom is actually a smoke gray but looks more white with the lighting. Glad I didnt go black as it would have been to dark. (IMO)

Thanks to all of you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store