"New" tank

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Well... because of the train wreck that was my planted tank I set this one up this morning. Those plants are still alive but I'm expecting them to fall apart. I'll add fake plants in their place when that starts to happen.

image.jpeg

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Just read the last couple posts of that thread.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Yeah. There is always something new to learn from.
It was my fault. The packaging doesn't say anything about manure being used but I should've done more research.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
The plants have already started to fall apart haha. Man... Fml. Just two weeks ago I was complaining that the anacharis grows too fast. I don't think I'll ever attempt a planted tank again.

Reactions: Angelphish

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Once my plants died off (for the most part) I've realized how much easier the tank is to maintain without them. Ithe doesn't look as nice, but I get to spend more time watching the fish with quicker maintenance.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
The plants have already started to fall apart haha. Man... Fml. Just two weeks ago I was complaining that the anacharis grows too fast. I don't think I'll ever attempt a planted tank again.
Plants are easy to take care and it's alot easier if you just use normal fine gravel or sand, dirt instead using plants gravel in your first planted tank....Lesson learned and keep charge forward I would say :p...Don't give up hehehe

Edit:
From your picture: anacharis is not a root plant. They won't stick where you place it. The bottom part will get rotten overtime and set them loose.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store