New to forums

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
That tank looks really well kittie katt, I like the silver dollars, I was interested in getting some piranhas when I first got my tank, but heard they actually quiet a boring fish to keep lol so went with the African cichlids
Yeah, my hubby brought our dollars when we first got into the hobby thinking they'd be active and entertaining... He got the "active" part right, but there is definitely more entertaining fish out there.

I like your tank, its very pretty. :)

Bigboris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2016
Yeah, my hubby brought our dollars when we first got into the hobby thinking they'd be active and entertaining... He got the "active" part right, but there is definitely more entertaining fish out there.

I like your tank, its very pretty. :)
Thanks, I went with the African cichlids because they have nice colours, but I've also got a jack Dempsey in there now she's a beauty aswell although some people say you shouldn't but them together but mine has been fine up to now

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I would be careful w/ a dempsey.
i will post pictures at a later stage when my driftwood is ready and planted

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
welcome in boris good to see another member from this side of the pond. where about are you from??

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
You mean be careful due to aggression?
potentially, and water params are slightly different but should be ok. I would be more worried about overstocking since they are pretty chunky and big eaters

Bigboris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2016
potentially, and water params are slightly different but should be ok. I would be more worried about overstocking since they are pretty chunky and big eaters
Yeah i know that in time she will probably outgrow my tank, my friend had a 350 litre which she can go in once she gets so big, it will be shame to let her go though when then that time comes because shes probably my favourite fish

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yeah i know that in time she will probably outgrow my tank, my friend had a 350 litre which she can go in once she gets so big, it will be shame to let her go though when then that time comes because shes probably my favourite fish
I can imagine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store