New to marine setup

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
I have been keeping freshwater tanks all my life and currently have several. I am looking to get my first marine tank the type of tanks I have been looking at are small lone standing cube tanks. http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/a...pl-lighting/?gclid=CL7Rm4fwl8kCFSgcwwodpe8DtQ..... Something like this, i have always thought that with marine tanks sumps etc are essential.

Just want a bit of input on the best way to set up a tank like this and have a healthy environment. The last thing i want is to purchase a tank and its inhabitants, to have the tank not be up to spec and for the fish and inverts to die. With all my freshwater tanks I use filter media from a running tank to boost the system. How long should a marine set up be left for and is it better to add fish, inverts, live rocks or corals first.

Would a tank of this size be good to keep a pair of clown fish ?

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
You should probably go a little bigger maybe 20 gallon to 30 gallon range. It could be fine for a pair of clownish. I never seen that particular brand all in one, but the all in one route is a good way to go. It seems that this one comes with stocked with everything ; filter media, skimmer, UV, pump and all the other stuff. I would just set it up as the instructions says to. You might want to add a power head.

Add some live rock and let the tank cycle. Then add your fish, coral and inverts. If you start off with a few pounds of good established rock you can add the clownish after a few days and they will be fine.

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Your an absolute star.

To save me starting another thread. I would love a black clown fish and an orange one. Is it possible to have to different color variety's living together.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store