Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
Screenshot_2016-02-12-14-50-35.png Screenshot_2016-02-12-14-50-27.png

New here at MFK. Name's Danny

120 gallon 5 foot tank. Oak stand

Decor
Play sand substrate, large driftwood, smaller rock cave, scattered pond stones, fake plants.

Filtration
Dual sun sun 540gph 4 tray canisters
Various foam, ceramic and bio balls.

Heating
Dual submersible 300 watt heaters

1 large powerhead for circulation

Stock
1x tiger oscar
1x albino tiger oscar
1x senagalus bichir
1x jag
1x jack dempsey
1x common pleco

Also small dithers that create low waste
4x silver dollars (not large red hooks)
4× giant danios
2x angelfish from previous tank.
2x convict cichlid

All fish are juvis and I don't notice any aggression.

I'm sure I'm probably overstocked and will be the first thing I hear. But hey....
I do have a 55 gallon in the garage on hand if I decide to remove some fish when they start getting bigger.

All comments/suggestions welcomed. Good or bad.

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
Btw water is not crystal clear because I just installed dual canisters less than 24 hours ago and shook up some sand and detritus. Water parameters tho are on point. 0/0/5

Next missions are packing more/better media in my canisters during first clean-up. Floating type full length day/night led light bar.

If u got any ideas or suggestions for me. Shoot!

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
Nice tank. Your house looks nice too lol.
Thx lol. U should see my man cave.
Full bar, full size pool table, electronic dart board. Lol. Let's just say my house is the hangout. Which I don't mind cause I can have some drinks and not worry about driving anywhere lol.

I was gonna put the tank in there but I would have to get rid of my leather couch, plus I liked the idea of both sides of the tank being in full view!

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
Thx lol. U should see my man cave.
Full bar, full size pool table, electronic dart board. Lol. Let's just say my house is the hangout. Which I don't mind cause I can have some drinks and not worry about driving anywhere lol.

I was gonna put the tank in there but I would have to get rid of my leather couch, plus I liked the idea of both sides of the tank being in full view!
Niiiice! Love the interior decor! Tank and house!

Reactions: Itainteasy

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Very cool placement up against that half-wall, which is kind of wasted space anyway. Like you say, the stocking mix you have in there and the stocking level won't last long term, but it sounds like you're prepared for that. Did you have to brace the floor under that tank? That's a bit of weight on a smallish footprint.

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Very cool placement up against that half-wall, which is kind of wasted space anyway. Like you say, the stocking mix you have in there and the stocking level won't last long term, but it sounds like you're prepared for that. Did you have to brace the floor under that tank? That's a bit of weight on a smallish footprint.

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
I put the entire tank+ stand on cinder blocks to match the height of The "half wall. About 8 cinder blocks total making sure to disperse the weight.

If I didn't use the cinder blocks the kitchen side of the tank would've been 1/3 covered by the "half wall" if u get what I mean....

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Take us thru the rest of the house....lifestyles
of the rich and famous. You can be robin leech.

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
Do u think the fish won't last long term because of final size compared to tank size. Or because of aggression.

I'm not completely new to fishkeeping.so I know my stuff as far as basics. But am sort of new to semi agressive/cichlid/oddballs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store