new to monster fish

foxhound

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
MI
well hi all i have a 55 gallon with 2 adult marbled angels, 2 young smokey angels, 2 german blue rams, 2 syn. euruptus, 1 syn petri sp? , 1 common pleco, 1 gold nugget pleco, 1 clown pleco and now 1 3 inch arowana. i know i will need a bigger tank soon for the aro and i will have one :D . but does anyone out there keep little monster fish with there angles.
i will have to get some pics on here pretty soon.

later.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
I suggest you remove the Aro from the tank, the thing will eat all of your Angels. Also do note that you will need a 180 gallon or larger tank for it!

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
You run the risk of losing any fish that will fit in the aro's mouth. They grow VERY fast while young so you might start looking for a tank now :thumbsup:

Welcome to mfk!

foxhound

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
MI
oh yeah the angels are quite a bit bigger than the aro. the only fish i would have to worry about would be the rams and that wouldnt be a big lose any ways.

and yep i am already in the process of finding a BIG tank for the little monster!

i was actually kind of worried about my big angels picking on the aro but they all get along very well even when feeding.

i have a pretty knowledgeble fish store i go to. i have been doing research on the aro and i talked to my fish guy for about an hour about them as i was making up my mind.

thanks guys for not bashing me too bad about having angel fish :grinyes:

later

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Welcome to the cult...I mean club :D I've been wanting to keep angels again, but I have no room. Good luck with the aro :thumbsup:

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
welcome welcome. you will love the site, no trust me u will

Pangong_ilong

I want one too !
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
Fresh Meadow, NY
Welcome to MFK. Aros are great fish. They really grow fast when their young. But aros got good personalities.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store