Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

1. Please double check and update your email --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

NEW TO THE CICHLIDS WORLD NEED SOME ADVICES

Discussion in 'General Aquaria Discussion' started by fr3sco, Mar 11, 2012.

1. fr3sco

fr3sco MFK Members

E
      Feb 6, 2013
      hey whats going on everyone im new to the site just wanted to introduce myself. I am from long island i just purchased a 125 gallon fish tank i have it up and running right now with about 25 cichlids. I would like to know how to tell the sex and any other helpful advice that will help me out with my tank and little guys. also interested in buying cichlids with nice colors and any other aquarium misc things that anyone may have for sale pics of the tank will be up as soon as i get a digital camera thank you and hope to hear some advices from u guys

2. spadoc79

spadoc79 MFK Members

Jun 23, 2015
      welcome...need to see pics or atleast know the type of cichlid to help sex it....are they african cichlids?south american? pics will for sure help.

3. Matt S

Matt S MFK Members

Matt
      May 1, 2015
      Well it really depends on what type of cichlid your try to sex some are very easy others are harder to sex also what cichlids are you keeping and if you have other questions I'm sure I can answer them or someone else can there are a lot of very knowledgable people on here and I'm pretty sure they could answer anything also welcome to MFK!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

4. fr3sco

fr3sco MFK Members

E
      Feb 6, 2013
      i currently have african cichlids and another thing the floor to my tank is tiled but i trew some red gravel over the tile only a little section of the tile is exposed and thats where they hover over now i just up the tank last night put in the filter today a fluval 406 and 2 of my fish have already dropped im freaking out because i dont want to wake up to a fish grave yard i just spent over 125 bucks on fish

5. Totalimmortal

Totalimmortal MFK Members

Jarred
      May 8, 2013
      Do you know anything about the nitrogen cycle?

6. COG Commando

COG Commando MFK Members

Marcus
      Mar 6, 2015
      Welcome to the boards. I hope you didn't just throw 25 fish in the tank to start the cycle.

7. F1 VET

F1 VET THE serrasalmus rhom

Bearded Alan
      Mar 16, 2015
      Ouch....once again great lfs employes lol

#1 S. Vettel

8. smitty03281964

smitty03281964 MFK Members

Jeffrey Smith
      Sep 1, 2012
      It sound like you put the carriage in front of the horse if you know what i mean. You should have posted first so many knowledgeable people could have given you some advice. I would have told you to get a FX5 filter. A 406 is not going to help you on a 125 gallon tank.

9. woofy

woofy MFK Members

Jan 6, 2015
      Let me guess store employees told u to wait only 24 hours before adding fish? .number 1 rule in fish keepeing youve learned the hard way..never listen to fish store employees alone. especially from the triple threat chain stores, petco, petsmart and petsupermarket. do all u own research before doing any. search this forum for a thread about cycling. start there. if i were u take the fish back where u got them to hold them for u if not in an uncycled tank you will most likely keep losing fish.

10. fr3sco

fr3sco MFK Members

E
      Feb 6, 2013
      yea make it 4 and yes ounce again i did not know anything about a cycle i guess rookie mistake now i feel like **** because all the fish are starting to die and i will go to the pet store and buy the fx tomorrow should i run both at ounce or just the fx.....................