NTT are wimps

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
So I have 3x 4" NTTs, these guys hide in the PVC pipes/clay pots all day and nite. Are NTT's rly shy in general? I have just the 3x NTTs and 1x NGT.

20160304_204809.jpg

20160304_204815.jpg

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Reactions: McPhish and ATF

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Maybe the NGT is whooping their butts.

Reactions: FunWow!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
doubtful, the NTTs were wimps in the clown loach tank as well, they were wimps in the LFS too. BTW is the dat forum dead? seems very slow in here
They are also the hardest to pellet in my opinion....also,the whole forum seems its been dead lately.The lounge lounge sure has been a ghost town anyhow.

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
My old NTT was quite reclusive and would even get chased away by a severum when it was small. Once it hit around 8" it starting being much more outgoing and really became a different fish. By the time it was 12-13" it was out pretty much all the time. Kept it with an Oscar, and the dat was definitely the dominant one.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
doubtful, the NTTs were wimps in the clown loach tank as well, they were wimps in the LFS too. BTW is the dat forum dead? seems very slow in here
It's dead because everything and anything dat related has been discussed already on here lol. If the mods change this section to cover all fish of the perch family it would see some revival imo.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's dead because everything and anything dat related has been discussed already on here lol. If the mods change this section to cover all fish of the perch family it would see some revival imo.
Well,that could also be said of any of the other species subforums.It gets to a point where either nothing is posted or the same things are posted over and over.I don't see consolidating a perch subforum as there are far less keepers of various perch species than dat keepers.There is hardly any perch discussion in the "other monster fish" section.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
You may not see it but the Ngt is probably messing with them. They always do... Ntts or any WC dats that are small will always be shy until they get use to you.... It's a process. I just bought 2 1.5inch Ntts and they swim with my loaches, barbs, and my 3 bar that could eat them with no issue But they still swim with all the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store