Nurse shark pup: A rescue animal

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
The hooks that are inside are stainless I presume? Or do the galvanized hooks last a LOT longer than folks are told they last?

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Can't tell 'til I get them out. A lot of people down here use those hooks that disolve in saltwater - claiming it's better for the fish that get them imbedded in their stomachs like this. Too bad most fisherman don't understand fish biology.

mamapuff

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Austin, Texas
I am just in awe with you and your job. What type of degree does someone need to get into that type of field? I was thinking (and hoping) that it is a biology degree?

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Hoping to this week. He's been doing fine so far, and I was hoping to get him eating on his own prior to doing the extraction.

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
keep us posted, definelty interested in seeing how it turns out. How do you typically handle feeding after an extraction? definetly wouldn't want any foods that could tear at the stitching I'd imagine.

goestonemoa

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2010
okotoks ab
www.ghosttowntattoos.com
you are a hero to shark lovers world wide ...IMO......all who helped you in this endevour are also great human beings ......
i wish everyone cared about the shark this much as they are a vital part of earth survival on the whole................
3 cheers ..."may we all be in heaven a half an hour before the devil knows we are dead"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store