Office -> Fish room conversion

mrPickles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2023
Yea, was just trying to save a little room in the sump and maybe a little electricity. I've done a couple systems now, so I'm confident I'll get this one figured out.

Reactions: jjohnwm

mrPickles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2023
Not sure why the previous one dropped the slow motion. Nor can I figure out how to delete the previous post. Mods feel free to delete it.

mrPickles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2023
Well, I finally have water flowing through all the pipes (and not leaking). It's still a little loud, so I'll be trying to get some rocks or hydroton or something under the 4" L where it drops a foot or so. That's where all the noise is coming from, as expected.

jjohnwm jjohnwm I was able to get the flow to a place I'm happy with for now.

IMG_5897.jpeg

Unexpected benefit is the bottom 4" pipe leads to a 1.5" reducer so it holds more water than the rest. I can do some nft and some dft :) The bottom row should work much better for seed starting and smaller plants. That's my hope anyway.

IMG_5900.jpeg

I got 4 geophagus sveni and 6 silver dollar juveniles, and they're all doing great so far.

IMG_5845.jpg

As far as plants, I just have some house plant starts growing so far. Will get some veggies started soon hopefully.

Reactions: jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store