Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I would put that to evaporation? meaning the dosage is no longer exact. safe or prime is a salt, hydrosulfitie salt. I may be wrong but think a twinky shelf life has nothing on safe or prime.
Hello; I am not sure of this and do not have personal experience. In a thread a few weeks back we (some of the forum members) were trying to diagnose why a member was losing fish and having water issues after a water change.

If I recall the member was getting his water treatment chemicals from a local fish shop. The fish shop was mixing up the chemical and putting it in their own bottles. Some one posted that the liquid form has a limited shelf life of about a year. I may be guilty of propogating bad information. I use the term "reported" with things like this when I do not have the personal experience to rely on.

Pops, your post makes sense. Thanks for the constructive criticism. Perhaps the shelf life question can be addressed by others.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Geez, it's 35 here. It's too early to be this cold already. In fact it shouldn't this cold period. I miss the 80's when it only got in the 40's for winter

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Geez, it's 35 here. It's too early to be this cold already. In fact it shouldn't this cold period. I miss the 80's when it only got in the 40's for winter
We got our first snow on Friday. Want to trade?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
...and according to weather forecasters we might be very close to sixty degrees on Thanksgiving....no complaints from me.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Not suppose to...blame global warming for the fact it's actually cooling and not warming.
Everything is all jacked up,it is usually cold or chilly this time of year here.....my only complaint so far is all the leaves that has to be raked and bagged up.I was doing it the other day in a tee shirt without a jacket.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store