Ok, it's been awhile.....

nero6370

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
Medina, Ohio
Got away from the hobby for a while. Lost all my awesome fish several years back; was very disheartening. But the bug never left me and I just started construction on a new tank, a 340. 96"x34"x24. In the meantime, I have a 55 with 2 huge goldfish (one of which was won at a fair in Ohio!), a common pleco, a jv Jag, an Achara cat, and a massive blue crayfish. The growth rate of the cat has hastened my motivation to build the 340, its already 8"-10".

The new tank is already constructed. I'll post pics of everything shortly. Just ordered an FX-6, in lieu of making a wet/dry. But I'm not exactly sure how I want to plumb it to the tank. I'm thinking I want corner baffles on both ends, with the drains and returns located within the baffles for a neater look. Not sure if that's feasible, since I believe the lines of the 6 are only 1". So I'm definitely looking for advice for a good setup! Thanks to all, and its good to be back!

Reactions: boldtogether

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
No bracing? Nice looking fish!
What will you be covering the tank with? Is the cover going to be the bracing?....just asking because I am seriously getting itchy to build my next tank. ...

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Woah heaps bigger..!
Im thinking 90"x36"x30" :p The glass sheet i have that i was thinking for the base is only 12mm but its that secrutity/tempered/laminated/whatever glass, so should be strong enough.. The sheet measures 90"x36".

Reactions: boldtogether

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
nice 2 see u back necro! place hasent been the same without ya... is that ames blue max on ur new build? wish u the best of luck man with gettin this setup. we need some pics of those Ohio goldfish lol...

nero6370

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
Medina, Ohio
I'm going to put bracing on the top, 3/4" boards, 6" wide. 3 of them, at 24", 48", and 72". BTW, I pulled the plans for the tank and stand off the GARF website.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store