One proven way to treat ich/ick

Scottfree

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
location, location, location
So is there any difference between ick and ich? I've seen some of my fish scratching against rocks, but haven't seen any white spots? What is this? In my 110 the a coupel fish were scratching but haven't seen them do this in about a month, I've used a fair amount of salt but haven't kicked up the heat....

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Ick, ich, and white spot are the same thing. There are a couple things that cause a fish to "
flash" but if it has been a month it seems you dodged the bullet.

SoCalD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Oxnard, CA
Thanks guppy. Its been almost a week and the fish all seemed to be really active the first day or two with the increased heat and salt level and they have seemed to have calmed back down to normal levels. They are still overly active when i feed them, but that might be due to the reduced feedings. I use to feed them 2x a day, once when i turned on the light before i left for work and at night when i turn off the light after i get home from work. I haven't noticed any changes in the clown loach thus far and i've noticed a spot or two on the silver tipped and one of the pangasius. It's almost been a week, and there is no sign of it clearing up.

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
1 question how often do you add the salt?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Add it at the start of treatment and then only add more if you do a water change, use 2 teaspoons per gallon for each gallon of water you remove and replace.

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
Cool thanks. I dont have ich currently (knock on wood) but i did have it devastate a tank in the pas. t:rip, nothing i tried worked. this might have.:thumbsup:

savage

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store