Ornate Bichir help

richard yung

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hey guys, so Im going to be getting a 10 inch Ornate bichir soon. I was just wondering whats everything I need to know about this particular fish. Im going to be throwing him into a 180 with oscar,, red mammon,, SD's.. what should i expect in terms of personality from this fish?

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Personality can vary, so it's really dependent on the actual fish. Keep a 1" or so gap for them to be able to come up for air. Keep tight lids as they are very good at jumping out. Keep them well fed or else they might try eating tank mates.

richard yung

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2015
Personality can vary, so it's really dependent on the actual fish. Keep a 1" or so gap for them to be able to come up for air. Keep tight lids as they are very good at jumping out. Keep them well fed or else they might try eating tank mates.
cool cool. which one is considered more expensive? the endli or ornate?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Cant give you any good advice about polys cuz im a rookie myself. But i have been dealing with cichlids and slower eating fish like polys and plecos. My sd's ate like lawn mowers hated those fish.

I use a pvc pipe to get pellets to an area the others cant get too and tongs to feed frozen fish or krill.

Feeding at nigjt works too but i have a pearsei that will follow the polys/plecos around in the dark and pick off pellets.

Good luck

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Sorry about that wc stands for wild caught, and yes lfs, vendors would sell them at higher prices.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store