Oscar and Arowana

ldschmdit29

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I have a 125 gal and right now I have a 3 inch jardini aro, and a Oscar who is about half his size. I am ready to move the Oscar to a 55 gallon, but Id rather not. Who thinks this relationship will last? Will my Oscar grow faster than my aro? So far my Oscar just eats faster and I have to distract him to get the aro food.... I think it will be a neat aquarium if the two end up getting along.

CDickes1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
There's a slim chance it could work. It comes down to each fishes personality, and as we all know, jardini's have the most sour disposition toward tankmates past 8-10". (for the most part, a few exceptions.)

professa19

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
ive got an oscar and arowana together right now and theyre fine :0

ldschmdit29

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Ya, right now the Jar is so skidish I don't think he even cares about the oscar. Past Couple of days they have been together fine. I also have a red tail shark, the jardini has stole shrimp out of his mouth once. It was funny because the red tail is the boss of the tank (very territorial).

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
I wouldn't expect the peace to last long

ldschmdit29

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Ya, I think i just saw the oscar dart away from my Aro out the corner of my eye....argh.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
lol i dont think it will work for very long

ldschmdit29

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
time to get another tank ready....lol, I see some fin damage.... I can't believe the Jardini already attacked him....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store