Our water is the best scam

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Someone from Bionwater got into my wife's head and convinced her that spending $4,000 on a water filter that turns your water to Alkaline is some kind of magic cure all for everything.

Upon searching on-line I can't find any evidence drinking water high in Alkaline(ph 8.0+) is really good for you.

Since we as fish keepers deal with ph all the time...are there any experts out there that really know the benefits of drinking water high in Alkaline?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
This reminds me of the door to door salesman who popped up one day years ago and convinced my wife that she had to have a two thousand dollar Kirby vacuum cleaner.....I don't know about Bionwater but I have been hearing talk of high alkaline in the human body being beneficial to good health.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
yes I had the kirby guy, he want to 2k, I says not a chance but come on in clean my floors, I liked the vacuum, have had for year, but told him, no more than 875 bucks, not 2k. he left rather unhappy, and I had a new vacuum.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
yes I had the kirby guy, he want to 2k, I says not a chance but come on in clean my floors, I liked the vacuum, have had for year, but told him, no more than 875 bucks, not 2k. he left rather unhappy, and I had a new vacuum.
If I had been at home when the guy showed up he also would left unhappy as I would have sent him on his way with no sale....no way I would pay anywhere near those two figures for a dustbuster.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Wife only talked him down to $1300 from 2k

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I love the kirby, puppy is bullet proof, change the belts is all you need to do, worth the 875 to have a vacuum last for my life time worth it, I have gone through allot of plastic vacuum cleaners, bissils hoovers what ever, after 2 or 3 years they crap out, impeller snaps, casings crack what ever,

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Wife only talked him down to $1300 from 2k
I put the internet to work while he was demonstrating, and told him this is what its worth and should sell for.

Rio Kaiju

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2014
Lost In Space
I believe their banking on the notion that its suppossed to be beneficial to drink water the same as ph as the human body or higher.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store