Pangasius sanitwongsei (Paroon shark)

Dt100

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2016
My friend has a Pangasius sanitwongsei(11") which has outgrown his tank . Would one of these fish be too active for a spotted gar (9") in a 180g ? I know they both get big but the Pangasius sanitwongsei is currently in a 55g so thought I could help out for a bit

Dt100

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2016
I would worry about the pardon consuming the slender gar who also will have a slower growth rate
I m going to over and take a look at it soon . It has desimated his entire tank but it was a tank full of Gouramis and small tetras . If it turns out to be similar size to the gar it they should nt each other right ? I m concerned about how active the shark would be

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Active?.....they almost constantly move around the tank.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I m going to over and take a look at it soon . It has desimated his entire tank but it was a tank full of Gouramis and small tetras . If it turns out to be similar size to the gar it they should nt each other right ? I m concerned about how active the shark would be
I don't think it's activity will bother gar, I've had active tank mates with gars in the past wasn't an issue for me, but paroons grow quickly, gars are slender, paroons have wide mouths and are known for being greedy and eating tankmates. So personally I wouldn't do it.

Agree with krich on the constant movement

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I'm in the exact same predicament... how long before they outgrow a 180? I was gonna do 6 of em with 2 gar in a 180.. now that sounds crazy
With 6, and their constant moving, assuming water is good and they eat properly, not long.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store