peacock/mbuna breeding experiment!!!!!

Wctroublesome561

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
South Florida
well guys i got like four different species of peacock cichlids, and a whole bunch of mbuna... the tank has been setup for a year now and some of my girls are finally holding eggs!!!! i'm so excited to see what the babies will look like because i'm almost positive they're hybrids!!!! whats the prettiest hybrid africans you've ever seen????

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
Juxtaroberto;4760942; said:
Hybrids of mbuna and peacocks? I didn't think that was possible...
I believe he means it as, hybridized peacocks (among the 4 different types of peacocks he bought) and hybridized Mbuna (among the many Mbuna he bought)

Threw me off at first too tho :ROFL::ROFL:

Juxtaroberto

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Los Angeles, CA, USA
bobblehead27;4760951; said:
I believe he means it as, hybridized peacocks (among the 4 different types of peacocks he bought) and hybridized Mbuna (among the many Mbuna he bought)

Threw me off at first too tho :ROFL::ROFL:
Ahh, makes more sense.

To the OP: How did the peacocks fare in the mbunas' presence? I've hears mbuna will stress them out. And how were the feeding arrangements, considering that peacocks are piscivores and mbuna are herbivores?

Joeygee23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2009
Hartford, CT
And what would you do with the fry? Bring them to LFS so they would have no idea what species they were? Why? I just can't understand why you would intentionally do this.

Wctroublesome561

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
South Florida
i have plenty of hiding places and i guess thats the reason the mbuna dont bother the peacocks that much.... and yes too clarify mbuna with mbuna and peacock with peacock breeding. however this was not planned, just happened. but still excited!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store