peacock/mbuna breeding experiment!!!!!

Wctroublesome561

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
South Florida
i think they're hybrids because i seen my blizzard mbuna courting my kenyi. i did not plan to make hybrids, or any fry for that matter in that tank. i guess this is what happens when you just jump right in lol..... dont plan on selling to my lfs either. i will keep a few and the others will become feeders for my turtles, oscars and fh as treats... thats the plan this far..... does your lfs take hybrids?

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
There's nothing wrong with hybrids!!! Especially if they're just gunna be used as feeders... The problem is when people sell them as a "pure bred" cuz then it messes with the gene pool... Even if they're sold as hybrids, i don't see a problem tho, as long as the buyers are aware that they're hybrids... (and doesn't have them mate with other fish and then sell those fry as "pure breds"....

shane2sweet1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2010
Standish, MI, USA
How come everyone is jumping all over this guy? If he had said he was crossing a Texas and Convict cichlid, people would be saying how cool it is and let's see pics. How come african hybrids are frowned on while SA/CA cichlid hybrids are totally accepted? Just for the record I have an all male african tank and yeah don't take the fry to any pet stores but if you wanna keep them for your own entertainment more power to ya.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store