Pig nose has been captured!

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Also, what is not to be forgot about these fish is that they are generally elongated which looks even more so in pictures. I've seen a 6' Siberian( which is built slimmer than the white sturgeon) in person and it was absolutely massive.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Look at the guy relatively far left, he can only get his arm like halfway around the fish
Well,he's only going to be able to get his arm but so far unless he's the guy from the Fantastic Four lol...Now unlike the others in this photo the fish does look rather girthy.
giant-sturgeon.jpg

Reactions: Chub_by

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Also, what is not to be forgot about these fish is that they are generally elongated which looks even more so in pictures. I've seen a 6' Siberian( which is built slimmer than the white sturgeon) in person and it was absolutely massive.
if they weren't anadromous, they'd technicaly be the largest FW fish on Earth

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
There are landlocked populations of both Huso Huso (Beluga/Hausen) and Huso Dauricus (Kaluga) not to mention that there are massive individuals in fish farms. For me there is absolutely no debate that they are the largest fw fish.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Girth is circumference, not diameter. A fish that has a 6' girth is about 2' wide. (Circumference = pi x diameter)
Thank you,that sounds a lot better.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,you must have missed it but in one of my replies I wondered if I was understanding the terminology correctly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store