pimellodella pictus

Peter McFarlane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2007
London
I've been looking to purchase some nice cats, something that won't grow too large (maximum 6-7")

Have seen some nice pim's, doing the research online and have read they can be aggressive and predatory etc.

Can any of you guys who have kept these let me know, if they are gonna be causing issues in my tank?

In the tank already are [SIZE=-1]Rineloricaria and plec's all pretty small 2"-4", some sterbai (small also).

The pims are about 2.5", will they be hassling my other inmates?

The tank is heavily planted with hiding places etc..
[/SIZE]

jconley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
Columbia, MD
Pictus cats are pretty docile and shouldn't bother the fish you listed at all. They will however eat small tetras and such.

maynardwix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Florida
www.youtube.com
I have one large one in my 150. They are a great catfish. They will eat fish that are considerably smaller than they are, but with tankmates of the same size they are fine. Mine likes to hide alot, he has a spot in the tank and he stays there till dark. Good luck with your fish.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
pims are preditory but not aggressive

but at that size the couldn't eat there tank mates with pictus catfish pimelodus pictus they really can only eat small tetras when there adults for what ever reason they love neon tetras especialy at night

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store