Piranha Tank

Isaiah Shipp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2016
Hey guys, I'm really new to this site so please excuse me if I posted to the wrong thread or did something wrong. I have this 75 gallon setup that I'm pretty proud of and wanted to get your feedback on it. I'm going to be keep Red Belly Piranha in there, I already have 3 but want 5. Is this tank big enough for 5 or should I stick with the 3? And also, I have a bare bottom tank with minimal decor, has anyone had good success with a setup like this? Thanks guys!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
SandNukka15 SandNukka15
Brock11 Brock11
souzie souzie

Last edited:
Reactions: Brock11

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hey guys, I'm really new to this site so please excuse me if I posted to the wrong thread or did something wrong. I have this 75 gallon setup that I'm pretty proud of and wanted to get your feedback on it. I'm going to be keep Red Belly Piranha in there, I already have 3 but want 5. Is this tank big enough for 5 or should I stick with the 3? And also, I have a bare bottom tank with minimal decor, has anyone had good success with a setup like this? Thanks guys!

View attachment 1183969

View attachment 1183970

SandNukka15 SandNukka15
Brock11 Brock11
souzie souzie

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Red belly piranha get big eventually, in my opinion a 75 gallon isn't big enough for them in the long run. Bare bottom will be easier to keep clean but the addition of plants would help bring the fish out a bit as piranha are skittish fish.

Reactions: Isaiah Shipp

cassd

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
montreal
As much as people believe piranha school together they don't they just kind of tolerate each other but my adults when nothing is going on will start to bicker between each other when they get to close so the more space the better they say 20g a fish for rbp so 3 would be a bit ideal for your tank

Reactions: Isaiah Shipp
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store