Pitbulls attack mother, kills child(4 years old)

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
You missed a lot man, that post wasn't even directed to you. I posted about her when I was slow at work, just let it be because you have no way over text to know how the dog is acting so I don't feel you are in a position to say anything. I obviously over described it because I deal with liability claims for a living so if I were concerned I would be first to do something. This is not my first dog, i have been bitten by a dog and I have been present when another person has. I don't have strangers to my door on a daily basis. Maybe a weekly occurrence, once every few months she gets really spooked. That's it that's all, I tend to have 1 or 2 familiar visitors a day and she does nothing but get extremely happy. I'm not worried about it because she listens very well and will step away if i tell her to, so please don't lose sleep over me, and don't worry you are safe from my killer dog.
Hello; First you posted on a open discussion forum where we comment back and forth. Sorry you do not like my take on your story. There is a function for sending private messages. That way only the person you intend the message for will see it.

So you are taking back most of what you first posted. Now the dog only gets "extremely happy", "listens very well" and "will step away" if you tell her to. Hey, it's your story. I will go with this version if you wish.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Dude, you have greeted me close to 10 times today, 3 times in a single msg, and you are trying to teach me what a pm does? Hobbies are important for the elderly, i suggest you look into one other than 20th century tech support.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Hello; barking at the door to alert you to someone is not what I was refering to. Such warnings are often a good part of having a dog. Your description was of the dog both barking and snapping at guests for up to five minutes after you let them in.

Dog barking to alert to a stranger or unexpected guest seems acceptable. Barking and snapping for several minutes, having to warn guests to not try to pet the dog and the other stuff seems very questionable.

Has'nt much of this thread been about the behavior of dog owners. You seem to be saying that your are aware of the poor behavior of your dog and the liability you face, while at the same time saying that you don't feel the need to do anything about it. What have I missed?
You pretty much summed up my orginal thoughts but I honestly think he just overexplained and then tweak his story. I'd prob kick someone's dog who treats me like a threat for a full 5 minutes but that's Cuz I wouldn't tolerate that crap from my own dogs.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; On the National Geographic Wild Channel at 2:00 to 3:00 AM on Wednesday (12-9-15) there will a showing of a program called The Science of Dogs. On the Direct TV satellite channel 283. I tried to watch it earlier this evening but fell asleep part way thru.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello the kid; I understand what you are trying with the pictures and the captions. To my thinking this approach makes light of the real suffering of pitt bull attack victims. In a search I came up with links of photos of the victims. I will not add any captions.
LET ME WARN ALL that these photos are very graphic. After some additional thought I deleted the most graphic link. Even so the others might be disturbing. My guess is that folks do not really need to look at the links to grasp the point. These attacks are real.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/193162271491455599/
http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-victim-videos.php

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store