Planted tank with large fish

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Does anyone have a planted tank with large fish such as cichlids/catfish etc? Would love to see some pics as i'm getting fed up of the bare tank look..

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Tanks look great guys, i'm thinking of trying plants in my tank but i've got a feeling they won't last long with my oscars etc.. Will see how it goes.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
^^^There is a MFK member here actually setup his corner planted tank with Oscar, keep your plants on driftwood and you should be fine, plants that good on DW are Anubias, Java Fern, Java Moss, corner plants is amazon sword, I said corner cause its less traffic and less change for an Oscar to dig it up.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
500g living room.. contains pretty much every fish you "cant" keep with plants..

20150802_211227.jpg

20150802_211247.jpg

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
The captain delivered in english long before he started delivering in swedish.. there wasnt much of a hobby back in the days and all the swedish mfkers was scattered around different boards.. :) it was only natural i ended up here first.. :)

It should be mandatory to atleast have an account here even if you dont post.. we still dont have one single tank in sweden to mess with even the ten year old super tanks on here.. yes, there are many beautiful tanks and fantastic keepers but no one would even think of dropping 30k on a plat barramundi or do a tank like blackwithmoney..

Ceiling_Matt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2013
sweden
I totally agree, there's so many people here pushing the limits of both wallets and fishkeeping that it becomes a bit unfair to compare it to sweden's population of mfkers, which is after all quite small - but I digress, I just wanted to give you a shout; its been a fair while since we met so not sure you'd recognize me! This turned quite off topic and for that I apologize, my own experience with planted tank and large fish is limited to keeping poly's and F-gars in a heavily planted 190 gal, and I think while the poly appreciates it the F-gar in my experience prefers to hang around the more open areas, haven't had any real problems with fish uprooting plants (I mostly have amazon swords though) and the poly isn't that xbox huge yet (13 inches or so of tegulesi is rather slender)

terrible picture is the only one I can access from work

Last edited:
Reactions: Drstrangelove
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store