Plants with your polys

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Here's mine. I've had this 14 year old 28" Anubia Barteri given to me from a neighbor for about 2 months now. You can see the ornate hiding in the back.

image.jpg

Reactions: isde02

pontislebowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2015
Where did you get that water lettuce? Its amazing. I bet it helps with filtration. Just make sure the Poly has room to breath the air when it tries to break the surface.

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
I don't have pics but my polys absolutely loved plants. It's a damn shame I'm terrible at planted tanks because I love plants. I always end up with lots of dead plant matter and a ton of algae.

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
I gotta take new pics of my planted tank with polys. The make great residents in co2 injected tanks since no amount of co2 bothers them. Especially the upper jaw species, my del is a sold 8" and my retro is around 7" and neither of them upset my more delicate stem plants (I'm keeping stuff like tonia and erios and sygonanthus and small rotalas and ludwigia and all the fancy shamancy stuff).

Now if only my algae eaters would grow faster so that they could eat away my BBA issues, then the tank would be perfect lol. Probably the one downside to having bichirs in a planted tank, limits your algae eating options quiet a bit :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store