Platinum Jardini

JohnTr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2015
How much would you guys pay for a 2ft platinum Jardini?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Looks like a lei in that first pic which would also relate to the light colors. I don't think this fish is a plat. Just my opinion. Wait for others to chime in

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Looks like a lei to me also the pattern doesn't look jardini on scales or fins to me , I'm pretty certain its not a true platinum either it looks like white tank treatment (hence the white surroundings in the pics)
Sorry to burst your bubble but I wouldn't pay more than £100 for that fish , once placed back into normal aquarium surroundings it'll darken down over time turning more like its natural colours

JohnTr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2015
Looks like a lei to me also the pattern doesn't look jardini on scales or fins to me , I'm pretty certain its not a true platinum either it looks like white tank treatment (hence the white surroundings in the pics)
Sorry to burst your bubble but I wouldn't pay more than £100 for that fish , once placed back into normal aquarium surroundings it'll darken down over time turning more like its natural colours
I will post a video when i back to the states. I had seen a platinum Jardini when they was at size 3". This is at size 30"

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
A jardini isn't as elongated like a lei which this fish is elongated like, a jar that size would usually have the extra fat behind its head, I believe that's what it is. The body shape just isn't a jar imo. Maybe it's the lighting that throws the fish off, but all plats have a certain shine to them, this one just doesn't have it imo.

Reactions: Evz jardini
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store