Platinum/Leucistic Endli Exist in The Wild?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
They do exist in the wild with other fish. So it's possible.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
They do exist in the wild with other fish. So it's possible.
So how does that operate in regards to the CB platinums? It has to be two wild platinum fishes to produce the Captive Breds? Is that how all the designer senegal, delhezi, endli polys now work? Never heard of a Wild Caught Platinum Poly before

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The fish have a normal color patterns for dominant trait. They also carry the recessive gene for the lack of color. Something triggered the mutation.

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
Since, you procured quite a few platinum species. What is the difference in price for a CB versus a Wild Caught? Any examples?
I currently have platinum Endlis, ornates, delhezis, senagals, and a platinum hybrid. All CBs. I have never purchased a wild caught platinum bichir. From what I know, they are EXTREMELY RARE. Reason being is they get eaten up in the wild. On occasion a platinum bichir is caught in the wild. Other variants as well .....such as piebald. Price wise, it would be at least 4x the price of a cb...... and this is based on a wild caught endli that was being sold about 3 years ago. The price can be even higher.... just depends on the uniqueness of the fish and market...... Not too many people willing to plunk 6k and up on a very unique bichir.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Mutation is not the right word. Two platinum fish didn't produce in this situation likely. If it did then that'd be awesome. Then there'd be more and the price of plats would drop

Probably some recessive genes pushed through.
What triggered beast recessive gene to become active it hard to say probably some environmental factors or random luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store