Feeder Fish
Nov 24, 2023
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
51-60%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
My Arowana (width 2 inch, length 8 inch) ate baby fish (live feed) and acted weird first 2 days (Tuesday and Wednesday) and after that since past Thursday is sitting at the bottom of the tank and still swimming slanted. It felt like getting better on Sunday and Monday as it was actively swimming around the tank at night (but still slanted). However a few hours ago (tuesday) as I came back from work, i noticed Arowana's eyes were half closed however, once I went near the tank, Aro opened his eye back (I don't know what is that)

Since Wednesday i have reduced the water level to 30% of total tank (36'18'18). So current water levels are;
Height: 5.4 inch
Length: 3ft
Width: 18 inch
Gallons (US): 15.15
Litre: 57

The current treatment I am doing (from Wednesday) includes reduced water level, 30% water change daily, added Magna Salt and yellow powder, more oxygenation, no feeding, and both filter and light is turned off.

Water paramaters: Everything is okay expect Total hardness GH - the reading is above 150
ph Level: 6.0

There are also days were arowana are really stressed for couple of minutes where it swims back and forth like it has lost its way and looks scared.

Please advise what should I do next?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d leave the lights off. Keep water changes to a minimum as Tom mentioned. Avoid feeders and try a round of prazipro with Epsom salt. If not better then levamisole with continued Epsom salts.

Nanesh

Feeder Fish
Nov 24, 2023
Thank you. I am not feeding my fish currently.

Yellow powder is used to tackle bacterial infection of the digestive system (That's what the Aquarium shop owner told me)
So can I change the water every 3 days once (30% water change)?? Also can i add blackwater? to tackle the high reading on GH (Water hardness). Please let me know.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store