Please help ASAP Bonsai Flowerhorn upside down but only sometimes...

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
how is he doing any improvement? I would definitely feed him sinking foods that are soaked so he can't suck in air

Reactions: CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
It appears to be a swim bladder issue. The fish do not have to be upside down all the time for it to be a swim bladder issue.

FlanBurberry

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2015
Millbrook, NY
Unfortunately I had to euthanize last night. It had been over 2 weeks and he was not able to come up from the bottom at all and I had him in a hospital tank with shallower water to releive pressure. I also gave him epsom salt baths. He refused to eat green peas then stopped eating all together. He was the first fish I had to do that to and it was pretty traumatic for me and don't think ai could do it again with another fish bigger than a giant danio. It actually prompted me to get rid of (rehome) 2 tanks and over a dozen fish, with the eventual goal to get out of the hobby. Tahnks so much for the advice everyone.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Unfortunately I had to euthanize last night. It had been over 2 weeks and he was not able to come up from the bottom at all and I had him in a hospital tank with shallower water to releive pressure. I also gave him epsom salt baths. He refused to eat green peas then stopped eating all together. He was the first fish I had to do that to and it was pretty traumatic for me and don't think ai could do it again with another fish bigger than a giant danio. It actually prompted me to get rid of (rehome) 2 tanks and over a dozen fish, with the eventual goal to get out of the hobby. Tahnks so much for the advice everyone.
Sorry to hear that! It's upsetting I was devastated when my Texas died. I couldn't euthanize him I always had hope. I kept trying to revive him and slowly after a few weeks he was too weak and he died. I left for 5 years before on a big scale a 540 gallon when I lost 3k worth of fish. Arowanas to Pacus to catfish to Flowerhorn Midas to plecos and many more. All were monsters

Reactions: FlanBurberry
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store