Mar 11, 2024
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
No
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Please help !!!!!!!!!!!

So I have a question I’ve had this dolphin fish/mormyrus for about 5-6 months he’s eating he’s healthy no weight loss when I got him he had some white barnacle looking spots on him only like one or two maybe three. now there are more for sure has any one else seen this ? this did come from a friend that gets them thru whole seller that gets them wild caught any help would be appreciated never seen this before and if it can be cured I’d like to try no behavior change either

IMG_0651.png

IMG_0650.png

IMG_0649.png

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Agree. Possibly nuptial as seasonal febelopments as in male goldfish, and possibly at least some lungfish. There was a recent thread here regarding similar features on a lungfish, which continued to appear healthy otherwise.
Barnacles is not the term to use, as those are crustaceans that are either free-living on rocks or hard substrates, or parasitic such as on whales foreheads. To my knowledge there are no records of them occurring on fish, and regardless, there are no freshwater barnacles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store