Please sex my Dovii

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
I couldnt really get a good look at your dovii's in that video. But I think that is true on what you said about them colouring up when in the tank with their own kind. I chose this dovii as he/she was a stand out with colour and had pointier fins to the rest. After a few days of settling in my tank with the other fish he doesn't seem to colour up as much as when I first bought him. Also on certain days he/she shows more spots, and other days spots fade off, this being the reason I would ask experience members on this forum on their opinion and advice, sadly this post has sparked much interest. But I also read that males laterial line will be more patchy and faded as to females more darker and solid, and one thing for sure is that my dovii laterial line is mostly faded and patchy. I guess will have to wait a bit longer

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
I couldnt really get a good look at your dovii's in that video. But I think that is true on what you said about them colouring up when in the tank with their own kind. I chose this dovii as he/she was a stand out with colour and had pointier fins to the rest. After a few days of settling in my tank with the other fish he doesn't seem to colour up as much as when I first bought him. Also on certain days he/she shows more spots, and other days spots fade off, this being the reason I would ask experience members on this forum on their opinion and advice, sadly this post has sparked much interest. But I also read that males laterial line will be more patchy and faded as to females more darker and solid, and one thing for sure is that my dovii laterial line is mostly faded and patchy. I guess will have to wait a bit longer
Sorry, I meant to say that this post hasn't sparked much interest!

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
I couldnt really get a good look at your dovii's in that video. r
Here's better video you can see the female has a lot of yellow she about 7". But when kept by itself she may never show this much yellow unless there is a male present in the same tank. So its easier to sex them when there is a few of them together of size like 6-7" at least.

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
MyGiants, I just found out why I couldn't watch your videos properly and its because I wasn't watching them in full screen Guess that's a rookie mistake!

Nice pair of dovii's you have there. I just love the colour and shape of the males. I really hope my dovii turns out to be a male, I have always wanted a male dovii ever since I got into this hobby.

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
Any chance you can post a pic of the dovii you are talking about? Would like to see it and compare it to mine knowing yours is a few inches bigger

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store