Pls Help! Baby Tiger shovel nose won't eat?

fishluvr510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
@ HOME.
Hello,
Can anyone please give me some advice,My shovel nose @ 2.5 inches won't eat?I just bought him from my lfs on tuesday and since then i have'nt seen him eat anything.I tried feeding him krill,pellets and also tried dropping sinking pellets in front of him.what do you think i should do?shall i try guppies?Please help i don't want him dying.:help2:

P.S Thanks indavance.

aidenb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Canada
have you tried melting a square of bloodworms and then using a turkey baster to squirt them right at it? thats how i got my fire eel to eat.

kntrygrl4lyfe

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2007
Pensacola, fl
ok.. your avatar is the reason I don't like clowns...:nilly: lol

Try beefheart or chop up some squid, and or shrimp. You get get a little fish fillet at walmart and cutup some tiny peices too

fishluvr510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
@ HOME.
aidenb;1519619; said:
have you tried melting a square of bloodworms and then using a turkey baster to squirt them right at it? thats how i got my fire eel to eat.
Never thought of that might try tht thanks.

fishluvr510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
@ HOME.
kntrygrl4lyfe;1519632; said:
ok.. your avatar is the reason I don't like clowns...:nilly: lol

Try beefheart or chop up some squid, and or shrimp. You get get a little fish fillet at walmart and cutup some tiny peices too
k,thanks for the reply but i don't reallly want to buy different kind of food rite now.What do shovel noses mainly eat?

kntrygrl4lyfe

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2007
Pensacola, fl
I fed mine bloodworms beefheart shrimp and cut up squid and night crawlers when little. He is 12" now and I feed him squid, fish fillets, shrimp, night crawlers sometimes I will put a bloodworm or beefheart cube in there as a treat for him.

artemis1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2007
wiscawwnsin
I'm guessing the lfs probably feed him guppies, so i would try those. After you get him to eat them for a day or two, you can start trying to wean him on other foods like shrimp and whatnot. :)

aeri

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto
first week i had my tiger shovelnose, same size as yours, i had to put the food pretty much on its nose to actually get him to eat. using really small pieces of market shrimp.

the lfs i got it from was feeding it small minnows.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
what time of the day do you try to feed your cat
try feeding it when your fish room is dark
these cats are supposed to be nocturnal
my small TSNs would eat dried shrimp when the room is dark but when its bright the only thing they eat is earthworms
although my bigger TSNs eat at what ever time and they come to the surface for the shrimp:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2(took me a long time and lots of patience before it happened)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store