Plywood tank

sumo2001

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
england
I'm in the planning stages of building a 204x32x36 wide tank inches I was thinking of using 18mm plywood with 2x2 timber sandwiched in between so the front and sides would be cutout and the back solid with insulation in between the uprights.
Euro braces on top I was going to build stand and plywood top and then screw the sections onto the ply base fibreglass rape drama and epoxy resin inside.
The front section is 2 sections joined together uprights spaced every 10 or so inches for strength middle 8 inches ends again 8 inches so basically an oversized normal ply merhoCheers how much overlap are you allowing for the glass please and any construction details please as looked at a couple but I was going for basically a frame with viewing panels all round .
17feet long 4 feet wide and 32 inches method if that makes sense
I was allowing 40mm overlap for the glass can anyone see any problems with this design please?

muttley000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
West Unity, OH
Is that going to be one large viewing window, or broken up with bracing? How thick of glass are you planning? The 40mm overlap seems ok to me but I wouldn't go any smaller.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store