Polypterides can mix with what other monsters?

alanhoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2015
hi, i have 2 polyterides, 2 ghost fish, 1 eel and sucker fish. Just brought a sliver needle fish but it died the very next day. I saw a wound. I was wondering was it my polyterides or ghost fish. What other monsters can i add wo being eaten. thx guys.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome to MFK:) What size aquarium are the fish in, and what are your water parameters?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
You can take a aquarium water sample to your lfs and let them test all parameters, you will have to know this in order to know if your filter can handle the bioload of the fish you want to keep in your aquarium.

alanhoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2015
is there any one test kit that will do all this. btw what I need to know is what mix n match monsters I can put in my tank also

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
What size tank is it? That's the biggest limiting factor here. If those are accurate measurements (inches and not mm, I'm assuming?), your options are limited as far as genuine 'monsters' go.

Watch your pleco if that's what you mean by 'sucker fish,' lots of people including myself have had issues with plecos sucking the slime coats off of Polys.

As for a test kit, the api master kit has everything. There are better kits, but the api kit is affordable. Avoid test strips--they aren't accurate.

Do you know what kind of Polypterus' you have?

Last edited:

alanhoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2015
What size tank is it? That's the biggest limiting factor here. If those are accurate measurements (inches and not mm, I'm assuming?), your options are limited as far as genuine 'monsters' go.

Watch your pleco if that's what you mean by 'sucker fish,' lots of people including myself have had issues with plecos sucking the slime coats off of Polys.

As for a test kit, the api master kit has everything. There are better kits, but the api kit is affordable. Avoid test strips--they aren't accurate.

Do you know what kind of Polypterus' you have?
I am going to change tank soon. I m looking for nice tanks to match my small home. any suggestions.

I hv the albino poly

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store