Polypterides can mix with what other monsters?

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Albino senegalus, I'm guessing. How big of a tank can you fit in your house? What size fish are you looking for? How big is your albino? Polys can mesh with most fish, provided they cannot fit in the polys mouth. What kind of eel is it? What kind of sucker fish. To answer your questions effectively, we would need more precise information on your current set up, planned set up, and expectations.

alanhoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2015
Albino senegalus, I'm guessing. How big of a tank can you fit in your house? What size fish are you looking for? How big is your albino? Polys can mesh with most fish, provided they cannot fit in the polys mouth. What kind of eel is it? What kind of sucker fish. To answer your questions effectively, we would need more precise information on your current set up, planned set up, and expectations.
Albino senegalus yes. I need a tank that can accommodate these 2 monsters n anything abt that size. so far they r slightly longer than a palm size.

I hv the albino catfish Corydoras sucker. its smaller than the poly.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Bigger is always better as far as tanks go. Minimum tank size for a captive bred Senegalus is 75g in my opinion, but I would go for something a bit bigger. 125-180g would be fine for life, unless you plan on getting bigger fish. That Cory catfish will probably become food for a poly on down the line. I would be careful and observe the polys closely. It could possibly choke on the Cory if it tries to eat it.

As far as other fish options go, you should make a decision on a final tank size before making any big decisions.

African butterfly fish are really interesting fish. Potential option there.

alanhoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2015
Bigger is always better as far as tanks go. Minimum tank size for a captive bred Senegalus is 75g in my opinion, but I would go for something a bit bigger. 125-180g would be fine for life, unless you plan on getting bigger fish. That Cory catfish will probably become food for a poly on down the line. I would be careful and observe the polys closely. It could possibly choke on the Cory if it tries to eat it.

As far as other fish options go, you should make a decision on a final tank size before making any big decisions.

African butterfly fish are really interesting fish. Potential option there.
where can I get nice tanks. African butterfly fish will jump out? how about gar?

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
You need a very large tank to keep gars. I just upgraded to a 300 gallon for mine, and that's not going to be their permanent home. Keep in mind that alligator gars aren't really aquarium fish--they need large ponds. Florida and tropical gar are more manageable. If you're interested, read up on the species profiles in the 'gars and bowfins' tab under 'ancient fish.' A 180g tank would be a good start for a Florida gar and can adequately house one for several years, just remember that it will eventually be highly uncomfortable and require a true monster tank, Intek pool, or something similar.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Assuming that the measurements you gave are supposed to be in inches I would say you could get 2-3 more polys. Another question though is when you say ghost fish do you mean ghost knife fish? And also what kind of eel? As far as the cory I would probably remove it as the polys might try to eat it if it is small enough.

alanhoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2015
You need a very large tank to keep gars. I just upgraded to a 300 gallon for mine, and that's not going to be their permanent home. Keep in mind that alligator gars aren't really aquarium fish--they need large ponds. Florida and tropical gar are more manageable. If you're interested, read up on the species profiles in the 'gars and bowfins' tab under 'ancient fish.' A 180g tank would be a good start for a Florida gar and can adequately house one for several years, just remember that when it will eventually be highly uncomfortable and require a true monster tank, Intek pool, or something similar.
wow I just stay with my ghost fish n poly first

alanhoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2015
Assuming that the measurements you gave are supposed to be in inches I would say you could get 2-3 more polys. Another question though is when you say ghost fish do you mean ghost knife fish? And also what kind of eel? As far as the cory I would probably remove it as the polys might try to eat it if it is small enough.
its in mm lol. I dont know what eel is it. it always in d sand. before d ghost knife fish came it was always on d sand. but since I added d ghost fishs. in went underground.

I think mine look like a snowflake or freshwater moray

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Yeah man, nothing wrong with that. Test the water and do some research. Read up on species that intrigue you, and if you decide you want one, make it happen~

No rush at all. I started with some senegalus' and got addicted. Probably the most fulfilling hobby I've ever had.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
its in mm lol. I dont know what eel is it. it always in d sand. before d ghost knife fish came it was always on d sand. but since I added d ghost fishs. in went underground.

I think mine look like a snowflake or freshwater moray
mm as in millimeters?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store