Polypterus Ornate overeating

Vettech716

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2016
Illinois
I'm not 100% sure that she's just bloated. In a couple of days she'll be back to normal. I'm serious this happens every time she eats.

Vettech716

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2016
Illinois
How often do you feed , every day or every other day?
Lately a couple of times a week because this keeps happening. I'm wondering if I should do a piece a day and see what happens. Shes acting like herself and I'm sure if I offered food shed eat

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Lately a couple of times a week because this keeps happening. I'm wondering if I should do a piece a day and see what happens. Shes acting like herself and I'm sure if I offered food shed eat
I personally don't feed my adult polys every day every two days imo gives them time to properly digest foods such as fish.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
She probably cant digest her food properly thats probably whats causing the bloat, it cant be internat parasite because if she did have it she wont eat, i had a albino that had internal parasite and didnt eat for like a month, she ended up dying before the med i order form amazon came. I think she got it from eating feeders thats why i stop praticing feeding live.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
She probably cant digest her food properly thats probably whats causing the bloat, it cant be internat parasite because if she did have it she wont eat, i had a albino that had internal parasite and didnt eat for like a month, she ended up dying before the med i order form amazon came. I think she got it from eating feeders thats why i stop praticing feeding live.

Never raised any of my poly's on live fish, earthworms and rare occasions mealworms. A rotation with pellet, and tilapia .:)

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
What other fish you have in the tank, just want to ask cause im not sure if other fresh water fish can tolerate salt, so other people viewing this thread can give better advice if you have other fish in your tank. If only poly's i would still do epsom salt treatment, it wont hurt to try.:)

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Never raised any of my poly's on live fish, earthworms and rare occasions mealworms. A rotation with pellet, and tilapia .:)
Yah, i learned my lesson the hard way, it was fun wacthing them hunt, but when my albino got sick it was so stressfull to treat it, and the worst is when you try everything and the fish just die.:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store