POS step father drowns toddler

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Just a local Bicycle shop started a racing team. There were a bunch of us guys that road BMX bikes. We were a tight group that road and hung out together. BMX was just getting popular in norcal in 76-77 and this bike shop wanted to start a racing team. All us guys got on the team. You know who Bob Haro is right he was part of our group that got picked to be on the race team. Bob later got hired with BMXA as cartoon artist. He eventually moved down south to be closer the magazine you know his history...
That's awesome thst you were at the forefront of the sport! This all really taking me back to a fun, carefree time.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I had a Pro Performer, until it was stolen at the mall.
Was it locked up?

I grew up with very little money. We were an immigrant family with 7 kids. I was lucky enough to score a used, loaded ProPerformer from a buddy for $150.....a bargain for this bike at that time. I couldn't be happier.........but my dream bike, at that time, was a Haro Master

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Was it locked up?

I grew up with very little money. We were an immigrant family with 7 kids. I was lucky enough to score a used, loaded ProPerformer from a buddy for $150.....a bargain for this bike at that time. I couldn't be happier.........but my dream bike, at that time, was a Haro Master
Yea, not well enough though. So young and naive. My friend and I used a small chain. We come out of the mall find the chain cut and just my bike stolen. We go back into the mall to file a report (friend and I were using the same chain) come out and HIS bike is gone*smh* he had a Performer also. We were around 12/13. A good day for someone. That bike was one of the most expensive gifts I ever got... Actually the Dyno I got a few years later may have been more money, but I saved and paid a lot of it..

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I didn't bother with chains/locks.........................I just never left my GT unattended

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
After college, I moved out to Hawaii. I left my GT with a cousin and through the years totally forgot about it. Years later I remembered about it and asked him about it and found out that his kids teenage boys used it on and off, through the years, and just basically left it out in the rain and snow and stuff. Just stuff that a lot of kids do, so basically the bike got into really bad shape and they trashed it. I never blamed them or anything since it was me that forgot about it, but they just didn't know the monetary nor sedimental value it had for me. Always bummed me out thinking about it though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store