Possible tank mates for a trimac?

4wheelvfr

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Southern Illinois
Currently, I've got a 6" male trimac with a community of cichlids in a 1000g tank. He does a little too much chasing and some bullying already so I'm planning on moving him to a 6' 135g tank in my office. Are there any other Central American cichlids that would work long term in a tank that small? Salvini, Cryptoheros, Thorichthys, Amititliana sp perhaps?

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
If you made some strong tight caves that he can't get into then I think a smaller growing crypto might work.

4wheelvfr

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Southern Illinois
If you made some strong tight caves that he can't get into then I think a smaller growing crypto might work.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Something small enough and different enough that the Trimac won't feel challenged by but big and aggressive enough to hold its own or not get eaten.

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
I had a female salvini that survived with the monster in my avatar for close to 2 yrs,she hid for 2 weeks in a decoration/root then gained his respect and was all over HIS tank.now same thing,he has small female texas that eats everything that blows out his gills.....I think he might leave females along,ha

Predator07

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Orlando,FL
((Experience/ thoughts)) How are aggression levels between the jag and trimac ?.. The same or totally opposites ??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store