Post All The Different Species/varients of Frontosa you have

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
well I did a remake of my tanks here in the restaurant, sold off one of my 180g. I moved all the fish from it to the frontosa 150g. They are all a bunch of grow out fry and some earth eaters so they 150g was plenty big enough.

I sold off my tiger shovel nose and my silver aro from my 230g, the container they are in is 2 feet long. Moved my niger cats to my 300g.

And that left me a wide open 230g, so I moved all the fronts there. I will take a pic of it with fish in a day or so, though as a teaser here they are being acclimated to the new tank water :p

Now I have for some time been just letting the babies get eaten when they came out of the moms mouth, but this time I just could not do it. So I made sure to check the females as I moved them and one of them had a nice present for me.

22 of the little gaffers.

I let them sit out in the container over night and took a long time acclimating them to the new tank I ran home and got and set up for them. I used established substrate and water from the 150g tank the fronts just came from so I did not worry about gettting the tank cycled because it pretty much was insta cycled. I put some filter floss over the intake of the dynaflow filter I put in and the tank looks like this.

Here are a couple of close up shots of the babies.

I dropped in 4 of my sw protein pellets just to see if they would go for it and they did took turn nibbling on them. I am going to take turns with the formula one and formula two ocean nutrition pellets I feed my fish and make sure the water is kept nice for them. Here is to hoping that all 22 babies make it.

I just wish some of you front lovers were closer to me so I could give you some for free.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
chefjamesscott;4102028; said:
well I did a remake of my tanks here in the restaurant, sold off one of my 180g. I moved all the fish from it to the frontosa 150g. They are all a bunch of grow out fry and some earth eaters so they 150g was plenty big enough.

I sold off my tiger shovel nose and my silver aro from my 230g, the container they are in is 2 feet long. Moved my niger cats to my 300g.

And that left me a wide open 230g, so I moved all the fronts there. I will take a pic of it with fish in a day or so, though as a teaser here they are being acclimated to the new tank water :p

Now I have for some time been just letting the babies get eaten when they came out of the moms mouth, but this time I just could not do it. So I made sure to check the females as I moved them and one of them had a nice present for me.

22 of the little gaffers.

I let them sit out in the container over night and took a long time acclimating them to the new tank I ran home and got and set up for them. I used established substrate and water from the 150g tank the fronts just came from so I did not worry about gettting the tank cycled because it pretty much was insta cycled. I put some filter floss over the intake of the dynaflow filter I put in and the tank looks like this.

Here are a couple of close up shots of the babies.

I dropped in 4 of my sw protein pellets just to see if they would go for it and they did took turn nibbling on them. I am going to take turns with the formula one and formula two ocean nutrition pellets I feed my fish and make sure the water is kept nice for them. Here is to hoping that all 22 babies make it.

I just wish some of you front lovers were closer to me so I could give you some for free.
wow weeeeeeeeeee congradulations........... what a beautiful sight.. what variation are these..do you have pic of parents.. so so awesome:D

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
Ok red as requested here are the pics, but I have no idea how to tell species from each other

the tank with its first w/c

mom

dad

aside note saddly I just put down that geo in the backdrop, he got tough with another fish and took a beating.

updated pics of the babies, all 22 accounted for so the fast tank for them worked.

I will make sure to update the progress of the babies on the thread rather than starting another thread.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
Just thought I would put a small update.

I got a new 140g tall and I moved some of my fronts to that with some severums. I am actuallly trying to grow the males so that when I set up my fish room I can set up 4 or 5 breeding colonies.

So here is a tank shot and some pics of the males I been growing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store