Potential dream tank.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Lee keeps that tank in an out building so he never had the problem if getting it in the house.

I would choose glass personally, I always seem to manage to get the odd scratch on my glass tanks.I hate to think what I would be like with acrylic.

My tank is over 200 gallons,two of us managed to carry it.

Reactions: adamsfishes

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Ya, I moved both my 125's with friends (2 people per tank) and next time I have to move they're planning a trip to Mexico so they can't help out...

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Acrylic also hold temperature better so that might also help your energy bill in the long run. Plus there is no green tint from the glass.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Acrylic does not yellow over time. That's a myth. There are some plastics that will yellow over time when exposed to UV light, but any reputable tank builder will use quality acrylic that will not yellow. There are displays that are setup outdoors, exposed to UV light daily for decades and they do not show any signs of yellowing.

The only advantage that glass has over acrylic is that it's less susceptible to scratches. But that's a double edged sword, because if you do scratch glass, it's really tough to get that scratch out.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I'd go acrylic/plexi for a tank that size, The largest glass tank I've had to move was a 180 and even that was a nightmare (granted, I took it up a flight of stairs). Just be careful what rocks and woods you place near the front of the tank and you should be able to avoid scratches. Personally, if I was going to get a tank bigger than 300g though, I would build it myself in place and not worry about moving it. I would probably do plywood with a glass front, too. cheap and easy. Look up DIYFishkeepers on youtube, that guy has built tons of huge tanks and is a wealth of knowledge on diy projects.

Reactions: Lady Sphinx

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
I think I've watched every video Joey has on his channel =P

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
I forgot I made this. Sadly life happens and this tank/house isn't in the cards anymore. Though an update, what do y'all think of a 10'x3'x2.5'? Would put it at around 560 I believe.

Reactions: Tyler_Wentworth_150
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store