Pregnant Jack Dempsey?

bobtatersaladsmith

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2011
GA, USA
Mine ate a lot, her tummy got big, and she and the male started chasing off the other fish and claimed half of the tank for themselves. After she laid the eggs, her stomach looks normal and she has become her normal, shy self. This is experience talking. Ive got a few hundred eggs on a rock in my tank right now. If you think she might lay eggs soon, put a flat rock in the tank. They like to lay them on rocks, the bigger(up till around 6"x6") and flatter the better. Also don't be surprised if they lay eggs while still little. Mine is only 3.5-4", the male is around 5".

RiverMonsterFisher

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2010
Greenville, SC
Mine ate a lot, her tummy got big, and she and the male started chasing off the other fish and claimed half of the tank for themselves. After she laid the eggs, her stomach looks normal and she has become her normal, shy self. This is experience talking. Ive got a few hundred eggs on a rock in my tank right now. If you think she might lay eggs soon, put a flat rock in the tank. They like to lay them on rocks, the bigger(up till around 6"x6") and flatter the better. Also don't be surprised if they lay eggs while still little. Mine is only 3.5-4", the male is around 5".
Ok. I will pick up a rock. My female is 7 and my male is almost 10.

Nate_N_Nicole

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Flat Rock, Mi
slates work too, good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store