pumpkins and veiled chameleons

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
i got a few pumpkins growing in pots outside noticed they are starting to die i was wondering if i can put them in with my baby chameleon. right now i have a pothos and a roebelinii palm. the palm is only there till the pothos starts to grow but figured the extra pumpkin vines would be nice too

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
i got a few pumpkins growing in pots outside noticed they are starting to die i was wondering if i can put them in with my baby chameleon. right now i have a pothos and a roebelinii palm. the palm is only there till the pothos starts to grow but figured the extra pumpkin vines would be nice too
I honestly think the vines and fruits even will irritate the chameleons. They seem to be very rough and have a type of "urticating hair" that is even irritating to human skin.

I really wouldn't do it

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
i was thinking the same thing as well as i know what you mean about it being irritating i cant touch the vines without getting itchy or having to wash my hands after. oh well it was just a idea maybe ill set up a little grow box or something for them it grow in with less light trying to get some carving pumpkins for halloween

TroyMIfishkeeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
Troy, Michigan USA
i was thinking the same thing as well as i know what you mean about it being irritating i cant touch the vines without getting itchy or having to wash my hands after. oh well it was just a idea maybe ill set up a little grow box or something for them it grow in with less light trying to get some carving pumpkins for halloween
Could always just do a little terrarium with only the pumpkin plants if you wanted, I have several terrariums with just plants and no animals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store