pundamilia nyererei - availability?

Jzaid84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Friendswood
I have a 180g Peacock/Hap set up right now and all I'm missing are some nice adult male vics. Looking for some males with full color and decent size (4") to mix well with the current stock.

Does anyone know anyone who breeds these or has some available? Tried searching the forums and came up empty.

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
I find they are only available intermittently. There are a lot of hybrids out there, so choose your vendor carefully.

But I also found that the fish did not color up to it's fullest potential with haps and peacocks. It was very dark...mostly black with a little red. And it was back to brilliant in a species tank.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Check out Dave's Rare Fish - davesfish.com

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Most likely, he is no longer the dominant fish in the tank. Possibly even being picked on by another fish. Most haps are much more aggressive that Victorians.

dovii_6

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2014
Asheville NC
I have a 180g Peacock/Hap set up right now and all I'm missing are some nice adult male vics. Looking for some males with full color and decent size (4") to mix well with the current stock.

Does anyone know anyone who breeds these or has some available? Tried searching the forums and came up empty.
Ok i just ran thru all my fish vendor lists necause i knew i saw that fish the other day i finally found it but there small 1.5 inchs but Cichlid Exchange has them if your willing to grow them out.

Life Liberty Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2015
Colorado
I just bought a set of 2" vics that I thought to be tomatoes, were sold to me as nyererei, and are probably neither. When I introduced the first he lost all of his color and was hiding a lot. I went back and grabbed 2 more males, and now all 3 swim safely in the tank. 1 of them absolutely has brighter colors than the other two because he has become the dominant of the group, but they all colored up reasonably well once together. My point being, I would be wary of the specificity of breed with vics if you haven't seen the breeding pair, and if you're throwing them in a show tank I'd get a group.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store