Raninus tank

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
a bit of a video, quality isn't great but the light is bad this morning. still one of the cats was out so it gives you an idea of their size

Reactions: Evz jardini

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
what you growing on surface mate?? im over run lol. once they are established you can lower water changes slightly. this tank will actually go about 2 months before anything climes in to warning levels but im currently water changing once a month (normally every 3 weeks)
No idea of the name of plants on surface mate I just blagged a few cuttings at LFS for free and off it went , heres a PIC for you IMG_20151109_224438.jpg IMG_20151109_224454.jpg IMG_20151109_224448.jpg
I've also got Java fern growing on bogwood I tied on with cotton , and did have some Amazon swords in a big pot but my sd's have nailed them lol
Thanks for the offer to post me a few cuttings mate , likewise hit me up if you want any of mine I'll have spare in no time now it's growing :D

Reactions: jared reed

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Your mini jungle is looking great mate , love the angel fishes tail it looks awesome with that pattern in it :)

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
yeh the tanks coming along now, not sure whether i'll be adding much more to it as it's all peaceful at the moment apart from the amazon puffer.

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
I had one for years, one of my first fish ever actually. Died at the age of 11.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
well fish all doing well, i got an amazon puffer growing out to be added soon, and some tiger barbs as the 12 cherrys are now gone figured their deeper body might save them. here some pictures with the bright sun this morning.

one of the cat hanging out at the front, you can just make out his whiskers

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
well time has come for a do over.

im going to be selling this tank and moving all the fish into some new digs once i have found it. need a more practical size tank to go in my limited space in the new house.

flip side is i may have room for a small fish room so possibly a few more tanks may be arriving, or even a shed for some larger ones but will have to see how that pans out.

Reactions: justarn

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
tank is now here got the snakeheads moved last weekend this tank will be stripped and all set up in the new tank. along with some new bits, also going to be adding some spot lights to help with plant growth etc

how the setup sits at the moment (well before the snakeheads were moved)

these will be going in the bottom tank with the new bit of driftwood

Reactions: moe214

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
started laying out the hard scape tonight, nothing special so no pics but will be keeping it similar with slatted areas separating the planted areas to create an open space amongst the plants, only real difference is there will be more planted areas but smaller, and the slate will be more broken patches.

hopefully this will give the smaller fish more hiding places from the two cats. should have it all done tomorrow with pics to track it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store