Re-scaped the 20g long C. irrubesco tank

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Whut up?!

So, I re-scaped my 20g long C. irrubesco tank. The wisteria is still in emersed form, and the ludwigia and cabomba need to get established.

Some changes between the first two pics and the third:

I added C. torta

Moved the mother crypt 'tropica' over from my 10g (and stripped it of the runners, which I re-planted in the 10g)

Took out one of the pieces of driftwood

Took out a couple stems of the submerged form of wisteria.

Rearranged the lineup of the background (moved the aponos to the corners, and switched places between the ludwigia and cabomba).

I'm very happy with the new scape, and it will sit like this now until the plants get established and grow.

Let me know what you think

Before:

When I first set it up (I got everything from Marcus for free except the light. He did give me a 20g long, but it's old school style, and I'm going to use it for either a cornsnake or dart frogs, not sure yet):

Later, I rearranged the driftwood, and added the cabomba, ludwigia, fresh wisteria, and the aponos and stellata lillies I was growing in my 10g DP tank:

Now:

This is muuuch closer to what I envisioned. I still need to get some riccia for the driftwood and figure out if I'm keeping the green crypts, but I want to see what the new growth looks like first :)

Right side (I love those lilies, but the green one is growing slower for some reason):

Left side:

My fav aponogeton :

Blurry pic of one of the irrubescos:

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
thanks! I added Rotala wallichii, and some red temple that I got from Fish etc..

I also got some HC from Victor (Marimo Ball, over at TPF), thanks Vic!

While I was at Coopers store, I got the chance to help them design and setup a nano tank and it came out awesome!

fatherof5

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
WISCONSIN
Right now i have only fake, but i keep seeing excellent pictures like yours and everyone elses and i will be getting into live real soon, i do know that they hold a great purpose to the water world and seeing these pictures is a big help!!!!

Taboojen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Calif.
I like your tank setup and the variety of plants you have in there. Looks great.

So where you the one who bought all the plants from Cooper's last shipment? I walked in there last week looking for some potential additions to my tank and he told me a customer came in and cleaned him out of his entire new shipment that came in the day before. lol.

Either way, can't wait to see your new set grow out a bit.

Cohazard;1319953; said:
thanks! I added Rotala wallichii, and some red temple that I got from Fish etc..

I also got some HC from Victor (Marimo Ball, over at TPF), thanks Vic!

While I was at Coopers store, I got the chance to help them design and setup a nano tank and it came out awesome!

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Taboojen;1323071; said:
I like your tank setup and the variety of plants you have in there. Looks great.

So where you the one who bought all the plants from Cooper's last shipment? I walked in there last week looking for some potential additions to my tank and he told me a customer came in and cleaned him out of his entire new shipment that came in the day before. lol.

Either way, can't wait to see your new set grow out a bit.
Thanks man. :)

Nah, that wasn't me. I was already growing the lillies, aponos, and tropica crypt, and I got the ludwigia, wisteria, and cabomba from petco.

He has some rorippa aquatica that is growing more solid leaves, it looks cool. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store