Really cool Shimano gear

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I have to agree. While the large mouth bass is the most popular freshwater game fish in the US, I find it, ounce for ounce, it is one of the weakest figthing fish. Don't get me wrong, a hit on the line is a hit on the line and will get the adrenaline pumping every time regardless of the species :)
Yup, my friends all think I'm crazy because I have the same mentality. Char, Pikes, and Drum is where it's at, best fight in freshwater pound for pound and the stamina on all of them is legendary.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Yup, my friends all think I'm crazy because I have the same mentality. Char, Pikes, and Drum is where it's at, best fight in freshwater pound for pound and the stamina on all of them is legendary.
You forgot Smallmouth, Stripers and big Flathead cats. Believe it or not, Sheepshead are phenomenally strong for their size too.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
You forgot Smallmouth, Stripers and big Flathead cats. Believe it or not, Sheepshead are phenomenally strong for their size too.
Yup, I've never caught stripers but do love the related white bass. I'd love to do flatheads sometime I've just never got in to it very much, I do more channels personally. If you're fishing in PA then "Sheepshead" = Aplodinotus grunniens = Freshwater Drum, which is the Drum I was referring to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store