red devil questions

aGiantCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
questions about my red devil/midas how big are they when they get there characteristic orange/yellow/red colours? mines 2-3 inches atm and is still the grey colour babys have. Already quite aggressive attacks me through the glass and such a very neat lil fish.

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
Most will fade by 3-4", but some (the minority) will retain the gray/barred coloration. Once it does fade, expect it to go through numerous color changes as it reaches adulthood.

aGiantCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
Most will fade by 3-4", but some (the minority) will retain the gray/barred coloration. Once it does fade, expect it to go through numerous color changes as it reaches adulthood.
thank you never actually kept red devils/midas before so this is a new one to me ahaha very aggressive already..a lil glass banger at 2 inches, will he/she be fine in a 55 gallon?

Reactions: Americancichlids

aGiantCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
Here's a picture of the little guy as well kind of a bad picture I'll try to get more eventually ahaha

image.jpg

Americancichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2015
thank you never actually kept red devils/midas before so this is a new one to me ahaha very aggressive already..a lil glass banger at 2 inches, will he/she be fine in a 55 gallon?
Yes, but I'm sure there will be people saying otherwise but your fish is fine, by all means bigger is always better, but your fine

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
Long term you'll want to upgrade to at least a 75G, but it will be fine in the 55G until it reaches 8" or so.

aGiantCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
Long term you'll want to upgrade to at least a 75G, but it will be fine in the 55G until it reaches 8" or so.
alright i was wanting to get a larger tank anyways would it be fine stocking some dithers into a 75 with is or is there no way this would work? and what about for decor i know plants are a no go but would a cave and some drift wood be much appreciated?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store