red devil questions

aGiantCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
Sorry if there not the best was swimming around a lot very active and there on an iPhone

aGiantCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
Not sure what this is, but it's certainly not a fish from the Amphilophus genus. Maybe someone else can chime in.
hybrid of some sort? bought as a red devil and all the other fish in tank were reds/midas for sure and none of what were around looked anything like this so im wondering what i picked up now ahahah

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
looks like a convict cross. the way the bars are spread out, the stripping on the face.

aGiantCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
looks like a convict cross. the way the bars are spread out, the stripping on the face.
i thought that as well but its also matching a festae or young mayan with its colours if you see it in person i have no idea what i picked up gonna have to grow it out

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
Yes, but I'm sure there will be people saying otherwise but your fish is fine, by all means bigger is always better, but your fine
A 55G certainly isn't fine for an adult RD. At 10", my male RD is starting to make my 90G look minuscule. I can't imagine a full grown Amph trying to turn around in a 12" deep 55G tank. Not very good advice.

Reactions: DBLN8 and ehh

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
A 55G certainly isn't fine for an adult RD. At 10", my male RD is starting to make my 90G look minuscule. I can't imagine a full grown Amph trying to turn around in a 12" deep 55G tank. Not very good advice.
Agreed. As soon as I move I'm putting my big guy into a 125. And he's only about 11".

DBLN8

Dovii
MFK Member
Yes, but I'm sure there will be people saying otherwise but your fish is fine, by all means bigger is always better, but your fine
How can you tell him he's fine?? your telling him his soon to be 11" - 13" (maybe more when he done growing) fish is going to be OK in a tank that's 11' wide inside the glass. I don't get it with you guys and tank sizing.

Reactions: Manu8__too

Americancichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2015
How can you tell him he's fine?? your telling him his soon to be 11" - 13" (maybe more when he done growing) fish is going to be OK in a tank that's 11' wide inside the glass. I don't get it with you guys and tank sizing.
Actually I am:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store